August 10, 2015

Motherhood...

Motherhood is a series of never finished conversations.

This morning we braved the heat, I threw some bananas, raisins and crackers in a bag with some sunscreen and we were off.

The park was abuzz with strollers, moms and kids crawling all over  fake rocks and finding glass in the sand.

I moved from one conversation to another and was constantly interrupted with the realization that I hadn't seen one or more of my children for a while.

Then the head was bumped.. a hand came back "irty" with something white and gross all over it... A toddler was pulling her pants down to pee in the sand... Both girls were crying because other children were playing with their pails etc.

Not to mention the baby was either in the sun, sweaty, hungry or bored.

Between putting out fires, making sure everyone was safe and unaccosted and fed, the morning was a series of me interrupting stories, forgetting where I was mid conversation and even sentence...

And when we drove away with my head pounding from the heat and the children beet red and sweaty I leave with the half empty feeling of not one single conversation finished...

Man I hope this is normal!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...