May 7, 2015

38/39 Weeks Pregnant- Pregnancy number 3

How far along? 38 weeks and a few days/39 days based on changed due date

These are not flattering photos. I have on no make up, didn't brush my hair and am in no way trying and they totally and completely express how I feel right now. And yep.. I want to remember this feeling when I start to get baby fever again... Remember this Georgia... Remember!

My last update was at 37/38 Weeks.

Other posts:

38 Weeks with Number one: Toe Thieves and Sausage Feet 
39 Weeks with Number one: Bizarre Baby Dreams

37 Weeks with Number two: 37 Weeks
38 Weeks with Number two: Livin' Large
39 Weeks with Number two: 39 Weeks.. or stick a fork in me.. I'm done

Total weight gain: 36 pounds. I think I'm swollen. It really jumped this week... Swelling just like I did with Claire.

Maternity clothes? Clearly...

Stretch marks? Not worth discussing at this point (aka- yes)

Sleep: Not great, lots of going to the bathroom. I have to admit that if I listen to my Hypnobabies (joyful pregnancy affirmations etc.) I sleep much heavier/harder. It is really really bizarre.

Miss Anything? energy! Most of the crazy nesting energy has dissipated...

Movement: Lots.

Food cravings: Cold drinks.

Gender: Boy.

Labor Signs: Braxton hicks (uncomfortable) and occasional cervical pinching

Symptoms: Uncomfortable. If I sit for longer than two hours my legs swell. And heartburn. Hello Rolaids!

Belly Button in or out? Out.

Wedding rings on or off? Way off.

Exercise: Not really. :( Shame-shame.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Super short tempered... but ironically not as badly this week.

Highlight of the week: Backsplash? Done!

Shower professionally cleaned? Check!

Carpets cleaned? Check!
 Being a 3rd you wouldn't think we needed to get much but as I got closer to the day I just couldn't stand the thought of him in pink everything... so off I went to consignment sells and now he has all of his very own boy appropriate things... Even the new car seat cover from Chicco.

Also, we had to upgrade to a mini-van which was a huge move for us.


But the highlight? A baby shower! I felt so loved and honored. That night there was a flash flood and water was actually coming in the restaurant door at one point (from the road) but it was SUCH a good time.

I am extremely blessed by church community and friends who make me feel special when really, I just don't feel that way at all right now.

Speaking of- this was my first ever "diaper" shower. We cloth diaper mainly but let's be frank... I do NOT cloth diaper the first 6 weeks (can we say diapers constantly?), and for travel, church, etc. I don't. So this is such a huge blessing. Here's some of my stash!
On the right please note our UNgross, UNmoldy shower that got professionally cleaned.. It's amazing what nesting can motivate you to do or get done!

Looking forward to: Going in on Monday and seeing how I'm progressing.  Like I said I prefer not getting checked but we can't wait around while this little pumpkin gets bigger. ;) This Tuesday I was 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced. I really do feel like I recognize a lot of what is happening and know my body better. As she was checking me I said, "Let me guess- 1 cm dilated and 50-60% effaced?" So I was close!
Squishy cheeks!!!!! And check out the flooding all around the doctor's office. Those are roads and ducks were floating down them. ;)
Don't those cheeks and nose remind you of someone? They do me.


In the Meantime: The girls are sweetie pies.
Learning to love honeysuckle with daddy, and playing at bottom. Mind you, these moments are framed with lots of screaming and time-outs. But still... focus on the good! ;)
 Today Claire said we should name the baby Big Brother. And at my shower a gregarious family visiting from New York brought over a gorgeous bottle of red for the mother to be and wished me luck and congratulations. When the guy sat back down a voice yelled over from the table, 'You have to name the baby Howard after him (after the man who brought the wine).'

It was cute.

My friends said, "there is no name so that could be a contender!"

As the large group was leaving later the patriarch, an elderly man stopped and also congratulated and wished me luck. He said, "In 25 years you will be sitting in the living room with your son across from you on the couch and you will think to yourself, 'You were worth every last part of it'. "

It was really touching! (someone may have cried).

He then said he had 8 children and the happy bustling family around him said it was true (they were his children!) so it was very sweet.

This was our last week to host our Gospel Community. We have been doing a Mission Training Program so having a cook out and knowing that our next step is a new season with sleepless nights and a little baby was both bittersweet and thrilling. And.. I got the carpets steam cleaned the next day. It's become a tradition when the heavy traffic takes a break I finally clean the carpet deep.

How will I ever keep the house clean without the threat of company each week?! ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...