February 7, 2014

Five Simple Steps to a Digital Family Album

Everyone knows that family photos, while wonderful in theory, can be quite the hassle.

A digital photo album is an easy option.

Rather than wait until the last minute to whip up some albums I have some easy steps to help you create your best photobook to date.

Photo albums are a great way to document family memories. Now it's easier than ever to print pictures at a local store or pharmacy or better yet order prints from your home computer and have them mailed to your doorstep in a matter of days.

Another great avenue to create a family photo album is Shutterfly.

Shutterfly constantly has great coupons and discounts and it's like Scrapbooking for Dummies. I love it! It's hassle free.

Here are five easy tips to create a no hassle Shutterfly album.


1.  Take regular pictures. My favorite method is to choose a picture/pictures for each day and edit as I go.

Our friends came over for lunch. It's so much fun watching little kids at play!
I post my pics daily and got the idea from Grethel Van  Epps.  Here's the funny thing, I've tried to do the 365 pictures a year project multiple times and failed every time.  But taking a picture a day for my family album gives me the motivation I need to carry on!

Today's pic:
We got some Amazon deliveries (happy dance!) and what better to make a new "car" for Claire?


2. Organize your pictures as you go. I save monthly pics in a folder on my desktop and at the end of the month move them to a folder titled "Shutterfly 2014".

3. Upload your pictures to Shutterfly intermittently. They have a speedy upload option and it is over before you know it.

4. Choose a book size/style you like and put your pictures in. Easy! It is a guided process that will go by very quickly once you have your pictures uploaded. You can even choose to have the book auto-filled.
The cover and a few pages from our 2013 book.
5. Order your book!

The great thing about Shutterfly is that once your photos are saved in your album you can use them to create awesome gifts for family and friends!

Sit back and wait for your awesome family photo album to show up!

This year I made calendars for us and family as well as a fun mug of the ever lovable, larger than life kitty cat- Norman.

Doesn't he look regal? This was a gift for my father-in-law.

Calendars are great gifts.
A calendar just for our family. Claire loves looking at the pictures and trying to tell stories of what was happening. Too cute!

Happy Digital "Scrapbooking"!
Georgia

Disclaimer: I did not get paid in any way for this post. I just love Shutterfly and this is entirely my opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...