January 8, 2014

January 8, 2014- "Chapstick"

I forgot how fussy a teething baby can be... So today has felt longer than usual and has me feeling all wound up and "angstified".


Today Claire played particularly well alone. I was really impressed and enjoying it. Later, I walked by our bedroom and she was in there in the dark, concentrating really hard, and smearing Jacob's chapstick all over her face. Every inch.

She saw me and started for a minute then said, "My lips are hurting!" and went right back to smearing.

I thought about correcting her but thought, I have a screaming baby and Claire's being so independent...

About twenty times throughout the day she would run away to get her "kuk-stuck"(chapstick), then diligently smear it all over, then she would run and put it back.

It was cute really.

Even when there were big blobs of pink stuck to her face.

When evening began to fall I knew I just had to photograph it.

She was more than happy to let me.

And don't think my chin and cheeks were spared the kind smear of her handiwork.

2 comments:

Leslie Merrell said...

She is absolutely adorable! You have such a beautiful family!

The Reeds said...

Thanks so much Les. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...