January 28, 2014

January 28, 2014- Big Milk



Sweet Sophie.

And Claire is such a character.

Lately she asks for "big milk" (a lot of milk) and she loves hide-n-seek. She hides in the same place every time (behind a big chair with her body fully exposed but her eyes pushed up against an exercise mat. Or- she stands in the middle of the room and giggles with a pillow on her head).

Here is her "hiding" yesterday.

It's fun. And sweet.
"Cow food!"
This was her "cooking".. Note she's smiling because she asked me to take her picture. So here's she's saying, "Cow food!" instead of "cheese" because that's obviously what she had been "cooking".. can't you tell?

We needed the time at home. We're all feeling much better:  physically and emotionally.

I spent the night reading some articles like these:  Taming Tantrums, Time Out Techniques and Handling Parent Anger.

Being a parent (especially when Jacob is gone) is harder than I ever could have imagined. Especially in the midst of poop, screaming, lack of sleep and disobedience.  I've been frustrated with tantrums and have been trying to learn how to be gracious and graceful through them. It's tough!

Talk about needing grace every. single. day.

2 comments:

Jennifer Mykytiuk said...

Sendings ayers up for you while Jacob is gone. I know how hard it is to be the 24 hr parent without relief although I have oly had to do it a couple of nights. It is exhausting! Your goal should just be to survive! The "terrible twos" will pass. Madeline goes through these stages like a week -2 at a time where I think who is this child and where did my angel go?! But then she is better. I'd like to think it is our consistent discipline but I think she just decides to behave. Hang in there! My friend and I have been saying that the 2s and 3s have been way harder than the newborn stage! Having both a baby and toddler/preschooler at the same time... You deserve a mommy medal!

The Reeds said...

Thanks Jennifer. It is hard! I like the idea of a medal.. Hmm.. maybe a medal in the form of a one hour massage or a pedicure?? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...