December 7, 2013

December 7, 2013

It's icy and cold today.

I was honored to speak at a Christmas Gathering in a nearby community at my friend Dona's house. I had never heard of these until just last week but I'm a sucker for meeting new people and socializing. It was fun!

The minute I walked in the door I realized I recognized many faces. I hate not remembering names though.

My friend rode with me and we talked about how it's interesting that I was born near here and traveled far and then married and ended up back here- only 30 minutes from my birth place.

Needless to say I run into people I know often now. This morning, I ran into my first grade teacher! She was always so kind and gentle and it was neat to see her again.

The girls- Sophie is very interested in food though we're not ready to give her any "real" food aside from nursing her. And Claire is loving reading her books- all of the time.

Which, with us as parents how does she have any choice really?

I'm not good at taking pictures at social settings so you will have to take my word for it. Her home overlooks miles and miles of completely flat fields. It's a "sight to behold". Many of our international friends say they cry when they first come here. It's so brown and barren. Sorry friends! At least the sunsets are beautiful (at least that's what we tell ourselves here).

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...