September 13, 2013

ENFP- Personality In The House! (Princess Random Flips the Switch).

So I haven't been putting my best effort forward. I felt like I had misunderstood the prompt from the personality test so I felt like I should respond to my results. As the prompt originally said...

Sorry.

My results are sometimes ENFP (like this time), and sometimes ENFJ.

I'm always extraverted.
Always Intuitive.
And always feeling.

Jacob and I have a theory that my "J" comes out more when I teach or have responsibility and expectations outside the home. I'm much more organized, orderly and conscientious of expectations.

But when I'm home? I'm "P" through and through. 

"ENFPs often have strong, if sometimes surprising, values and viewpoints. They tend to try to use their social skills and contacts to persuade others gently (though enthusiastically) of the rightness of these views; this sometimes results in the ENFP neglecting their nearest and dearest while caught up their efforts to change the world." from here.

Ouch. This hurts. And is very true. I'm pretty opinionated and love to motivate and encourage. Actually, that was my favorite thing to do in the classroom. In my passion for travel I definitely neglected my very own family. I have perhaps been the very worst aunt, sister and daughter in the entire world...

"ENFPs have what some call a "silly switch." They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD, the scourge of the swimming pool, ticklers par excellence. Some times they may even appear intoxicated when the "switch" is flipped." from here.
I'm not drunk.. I PROMISE. I'm just "ENFP"ing it up.

Wow. This could NOT be more true. When we first got married Jacob was in complete shock when he saw the flip switch! On most days, when the rest of the world is winding down- my switch flips and I become like a little wheenie dog barrel racing around the house after a bath. I'm a nut. Dancing, laughing and completely rocking the one-man show (motherhood has amazingly tempered this...). I can be solemn the rest of the day but once that flip gets switched I'm dancing with brooms and singing opera. Crazy girl!



I think that this last paragraph is probably most explanatory of why this blog is so Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. I'm constantly teetering between thinking about the problems of the world and how to fix them or at least encourage the downtrodden and then the flip switches.... And off I go posting things like this: Revealing My "Finger" Toe, Old Spice Commercials, Givewaways, Random Wrestling Mask Posts etc.  Random.. Totally Random.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...