September 16, 2013

Blogtember: Public Love Letter

Monday, September 16: Write a public love letter to someone in your life. (It doesn't necessarily need to be romantic.)

I hate to be predictable, but after searching deep in my heart for about two seconds it became really clear the one person I should write a love letter to...

And it is... drum roll please... my husband.

Keep on reading and you will see why.

Our Honeymoon- 2006.
Dear Jacob,

This is a public love letter.  That just sounds strange. But really, that just means I'm going to brag about you. In public.

How could I not choose you?
You're kind and loving.

When I'm having a bad day or rough patch and only want to indulge- you comply, and then...

You are long suffering when I turn around and complain about a tummy ache or lumpy thighs.

You work hard... and never complain. Your first priority isn't to reach a certain level or to stroke your own ego but to be reliable and to take care of our needs first and foremost.
Watering fields- Lubbock, Tx 2009.
You're funny. You make me laugh and laugh at me and with me.
I love that.

You're generous with your time and energy.

Even when it's been a long day, week or month you still serve me with your energy and time. You put my needs above your own and rather than literally ask, "How can I make you happy today?" You seek out to literally MAKE me happy. If I mention thirst, you get me water. If I mention an achy back or foot- you offer to rub it.

I would hate to make anyone envious of us but I think- how could I- because our relationship is flawed and broken because I am flawed and broken. You are of course not perfect, but you put every last effort into showing love. You seek to lift up, encourage and sharpen.
MedAir Compound, Uganda 2008 (photo courtesy of Jakub Sorenson).
 You tell me I'm beautiful. And believe it. Even with my crumpled hair and sleepless nights.

You lead us, pray for us and love us.

I am forever thankful that you see more in me than I see in myself. I am so grateful that you see me not even through the lens of romance or lust but through the lens of Jesus Christ- as a forgiven and redeemed person even in my brokenness. How else could you love with so much gentleness and kindness?

Photo by the wonderful Kristin Bednarz- Wedding day 2006.
For all of these things and a million more- I love you.

Thank you for all that you do. I am so very blessed.

I'm taking part in Blogtember this month. Want to learn more about it or take part yourself (it's not too late!). Just click the link below.



2 comments:

Jacob Reed said...

Love - I LOVE loving you! It's a joy and a real pleasure to love such a wonderful person. Thanks so much...you mean the world to me. JR

The Reeds said...

Thanks Love.. :) I'm humbled and so grateful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...