June 29, 2013

Convincing Baby Girl to Pick Flowers

My mom is in town staying with my brother. We have been texting back and forth about this baby and when she is going to come.

My mom has a long drive home and will otherwise need to leave on Sunday to go back to work.

Meaning, my mom may drive three hours back home only to turn around and come back here to help me the very next day.
 
I just received a text from my mom that says,

"Nenie said she would come up and plant flowers and she can reach out pick them."

I was confused.

Had my mom sent this to the wrong person? My grandmother (Nenie) doesn't travel far from home and definitely isn't coming here. And while my grandmother loves flowers what in the world?

Then it hit me.

The "she" my mother is referring to is my little unnamed baby girl in my belly.

So maybe if my grandmother comes and plants flowers it will coerce baby girl to come out and pick them.

I love it!

I really wish it were that simple!

2 comments:

Jennifer Mykytiuk said...

Oh dear. I totally understand how you feel! I was induced at 41 weeks with no sign of labor anywhere in sight. I too felt like everyone else had had their baby and I was the last known woman to give birth- which at that point I felt like I would just remain pregnant the rest of my life. It will pass. This waiting is very hard. I am praying for you! I can't wait to hear the news! And you look great!

The Reeds said...

I feel the same way! I tried to gear myself up that it would be different but it's so hard not to get your hopes up and get frustrated... But she WILL come eventually!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...