June 27, 2013

40 weeks: Due Day for Baby #2

40 weeks and 2 days
 Sweet curls aren't they?

I hestitate to post this picture for the same reason I didn't even have one single picture of myself in the last four weeks of my pregnancy with Claire (which I now regret). I feel absurdly, comically, large.

 Like people really should wonder if there are twins in there (there aren't).

Talk about a low rider.

Let's get to it.

Progress:  Don't know.

 Total weight gain:  35 pounds. It jumped that much. Seriously...

Maternity clothes? Pretty much wearing only comfy yoga skirt and t-shirt

Stretch marks? 1 OR 2

Sleep: Insomnia still. Playing solitaire til dawn (seriously).

I am seriously bad at solitaire. 

Miss Anything? Red wine and exercising without worrying about a human hanging out in my abdomen. Fasting. It's been three long years since I didn't have another human in some form living off of me. I miss the freedom to do with my body what I please.

Movement: hiccups and the occasional feeling like she's got a pick ax in there and is all desperate to get out

Food cravings:  Food. Edible things. I just want to eat. Especially root beer. Gross I know.
 
Labor Signs:  This last weekend there was a Super Moon (the closest the moon is to the earth all year).

There is an old Wive's Tale that the moon's pull sends women into labor (and that ER's are full on full moons etc.). I got my hopes up.

I really really did.

And Monday night started contracting like crazy. And then.. Nothing.

To say I woke up disappointed that my water hadn't broken is a mild understatement.

Symptoms: Refer to Movement. My little girl occasionally feels like she's trying to pick her way out. Amazingly- no swelling this pregnancy!!

Also, on Saturday night (the super moon) a little storm blew through.

An old wive's tale also says that women drop their babies and go into labor during storms. Or at least my dad and mom say that that's when cows drop their calves so why not women?

I was just convinced I was about to go into labor.

(Notice a theme? I'll grab at any hope or reason to think I'm going into labor.)

Instead, I woke up in the middle of the night with intense pain in my right hand and knuckles (which happened in both hands the entire last two months with Claire. I would have to wake up and slowly work my hands and fingers till they were comfortable again.).

Belly Button in or out? Out.

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Exercise: It's so hot and I'm so done... I hate to admit I've done nothing.

Today was 101 and Claire and I sat in the shade while she played in a paddling pool. I thought I was going to die.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Frustrated that I'm the last person still pregnant! (it seems)

Highlight Lowlight of the week: Going to my 40 week appointment and finding out my OB is on vacation.... Very very disappointed and sad. I would have liked a heads up. Baby may not come until she's back.

I don't even know what to hope for right now!

(Cue pregnant sobbing and eating of chocolate...

                                     because I'll take any excuse now to eat chocolate).

Oh wait. I've always been that way.

Looking forward to: Exercising some day but mainly... GOING INTO LABOR!

Big sister: Claire has been a little jabberwocky. Saying so much and repeating everything. This morning at breakfast she cradled her little baby doll and said, "Cozy!" Her vocabulary is kind of crazy out of this world. She only needs to hear something once.

3 comments:

The Kowals said...

Sweet Georgia I must say I think you look BEAUTIFUL in this photo. I love it. I love seeing you pregnant, even if it is from a far via the blog.

You are so close to the end and you are handling it like a champ. I miss the anxious wait of baby and I know your waits have been longer than mine but before you know it -- it will be here, she will be here, life will be crazy. Crazy amazing with that squishy, sleeping baby girl in your arms!

I will pray for your heart's desires for this L&D to be given to you. We aren't promised anything but prayer is powerful and you are so well loved by the Father no matter how or when she arrives.

love you,

A

The Reeds said...

Aw thanks Amanda. I'm so glad we got to walk through this journey together! Thanks for your sweet comments and especially your prayers.

Brittany said...

Hey friend! I have loved keeping up with your pregnancy on this! I am praying for you as you wait- that you will enjoy sweet moments with just Claire and your last days of carrying your second sweet little girl. I am also praying you will go into labor soon... ah the waiting is so tough, but so worth it in the end!

Btw. you look great and beautiful! I love seeing preggo belles and you look like you are glowing! ;)

hang in there sister!
Britt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...