June 12, 2013

37 Weeks

Oops I did it again... I'm posting this when I'm 38 weeks and yet again I didn't manage a picture. Fail!

37 Weeks. People say pregnancy flies by with subsequent babies and up until now I've not been convinced.

Now I am!

People also looked at me with pity and said, "Oh, pregnant and with a toddler? Ouch." And I couldn't see what the big deal was.

Now I do. And do I ever!

Picking her up, dealing with tantrums, the constant potty calls. It's pretty exhausting.

So let's get to that update!

The grandparents were here this week which was a total Godsend. However, I got no pictures because I was off trying to live up not having a toddler with me while I ran errands.

Progress: "Fingertip" and %70 effaced. Hopefully no more internal checks until I'm 41 weeks.

 Total weight gain:  30 pounds. I'm packing it on fast now.

Maternity clothes? Many are getting too small but we're too far in to invest in anything else!

Stretch marks? 1 OR 2

Sleep: I keep singing, "Don't tell my hips, my achy, breaky hips!". The hip pain and trying to roll over to work around it all night is a real adventure.

Miss Anything? Normal life.

 My life is now taken over by an insane hormone driven desire to clean and organize. I am exhausting myself with my demands and desires.

I miss our normal routine, going for walks (it's getting wicked hot fast in the day) and just going on play dates.

Movement: Baby? Lots. A lot of hiccups though not as much as Claire. Starting this week baby has starting grazing my left hip bone. It tickles and is a crazy sensation!

Food cravings: Honestly? Everything.

Gender: It's a girl.
 
Labor Signs: achy and cramps. A lot of braxton hicks.

Symptoms: achy... painful hips. No swelling! Sometimes at night I wake up and my left hand is starting to swell and I take my rings off- but that's it.

Belly Button in or out? Out.

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Exercise:  What's that?

Happy or Moody most of the time: Crazy overdrive nesting.

Highlight of the week: Grandparents being here! I feel like I've had a week vacation already and it's so great to see Claire so happy and thrilled being loved on.

Looking forward to: Resting and enjoying Claire with plenty of time before little sister comes.

Big sister: Claire has started napping and sleeping nights in her big girl bed and has been potty trained for over three months! If only we could break this paci habit...  She feels my stomach and says, "Movin'!" and "I scratch her!" as she scratches my belly to make baby move. Any time she's hungry she repeats, "Mommy hunny too... Baby hunny too."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...