May 7, 2013

32 Weeks


This is how our evenings have been. And with Claire completely diaper free.

She is tall and lean so her twelve month pants fit her bottom perfectly but come to her knees, and her 24 months pants are long enough but... well...

We are trying to enjoy the here and the now (the calm before the "baby" storm). We are trying to enjoy Claire and one another and how life is pretty "easy" at this stage.

And along with that...

Somehow now I'm slowing down in every conceivable way. This picture, yet again, is almost a week late and barely happened (as you can probably tell). It is of me 32 weeks and 6 days...

But it happened(by the hair of my chinny chin chin)!


How far along? 32 weeks. Modern medicine dictates that baby will indeed be here by July 10 at the latest! (Baby's the size of a squash).

 Total weight gain:  18 lbs. I have been catering to my stress and an enormous appetite. At this rate I'll be gaining two pounds a week for the next ten weeks. That's horrifying.

Maternity clothes? See above...

Stretch marks? One...  thus far.

Sleep: Good actually!

Miss Anything? Sleeping on my back (oh how I miss you so!). Iced Coffees.

Movement: This little girl has gone nuts lately! I think she's doing aerobics in there. This weekend I felt her hiccups for the first time with Jacob sitting right beside me. :) Actually his hand was on my belly feeling her move when we noticed the hiccups. SO SWEET!

Baby hiccups and little feet pushing out make all of the other annoyances melt away. Pregnancy is totally worth it and in perspective in that moment.

Food cravings: Chocolate and iced coffee and all things ethnic food. If we could eat Thai food every day I would be happy.

Gender: It's a girl.
 
Labor Signs: No.

Symptoms: Achy hips and a sensitive spot on my lower left belly.  And I've been getting seriously breathless and winded doing practically nothing- especially if I haven't had enough to drink. Also- throw in a few leg cramps...

Belly Button in or out? Out.

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Exercise: Walking 2 miles almost every day, yoga about twice a week (I really don't like the 3rd trimester yoga at all... :(.. ) and cardio and toning three times a week.

As I said, I have been slowing down A LOT. I barely walked three times this week and it was a huge effort. I creaked and ached the entire way. And... I have started swelling. Not that you could notice or see, but that I can feel and barely tell around my ankles. But with the heat and weight gain coming I know it's inevitable.

I always wondered why people looked sorry when they knew my due date was in late summer. Now I totally and completely understand.

Totally.


Happy or Moody most of the time: Very happy!

Highlight of the week: Getting Claire's big girl room ready AND their closets organized! I feel one step closer. If we can get  a double stroller, a monitor, a glider and a new sound machine- then we're set! CRAZY!

Looking forward to: Painting our living room... because there's no time like when you're huge and pregnant to tackle huge projects. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...