March 4, 2013

Potty Training: Day 5 cont'd

I just have to document this day...

No. Accidents.

Nada.

Zilch.

4:30 pm- Claire woke up from her three (!!) hour nap and I tried to cuddle her for a while but knew a urination was a-comin'. So I took off her diaper..

Huge giant sobbing ensued.

It's so sad when she's all warm and cozy from sleep and only wanting to cuddle.

But I'm committed to this.

Again, I began to doubt.

Am I just cruel? 

Am I crazy?!!

4:35 pm-  Claire's sobbing calmed down and she said, "bobby" so I put her on the potty and...

Voila! 

She filled the little potty.

Like filled it.

Up.

Her diaper was dry from her three (!!) hour nap. Did I mention that?

This was a big, big day.

Big y'all.

We went for our first walk since we began this little adventure (with the pink princess potty wedged under the stroller).

About twenty minutes in I heard, "bobby". And there we were in someone's driveway clapping wildly at urine.

We even had an event and had her out late at someone's apartment. She played and played and asked to go "bobby" a few times. We got home at almost 9 pm and she was still dry.

Wow.


2 comments:

Jennifer Mykytiuk said...

Yea! So proud of her!! Going in public is huge!! We have a picture of Madeline sitting on her potty in the back of our SUV in the LA Zoo parking lot. ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right?! Madeline still rarely goes anywhere but home. There was even a three week period when she refused to go at daycare! All day long!! We had some trouble switching from he little potty- which she LOVED- to the big potty with a little ring. She is doing better now with only accidents when we don't put her on the potty. Luckily she is older and her potting is more consistent and less often than Claire's. way to go Mommy!

The Reeds said...

Thanks Jennifer! That's so funny- I bought Claire a ring a few weeks ago since she actually liked going on the big potty and would ask almost once a day. And... She hates her little princess ring! Ugh! What wasted money! Maybe she will start to like it more later. I hate the little potty since you still have to clean it but it's better than me having to hold her on the big one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...