March 6, 2013

24 Weeks and Accidents Galore

Let me start by saying this...

On purpose I took this picture with my hair undone and not cleaning up around me.

I took today's picture like this because I actually want to remember how crazy this time in my life is. Jacob has been out of town (he's back now!) and things have been hectic.
Tonight at church group we were going on three days accident free. I felt like I had sprouted wings and I could fly.

It was that awesome y'all.

Then she went back to play with the other kids and accident #1 occurred (she did end up on the potty and peed quite a bit). I still praised her for that.

Then not much later accident #2 right before my own very eyes. We did make it to the potty and she peed quite a lot.. .but still... lots of wet pants going on here.

And not much later, after most people had left I got a scare that later will be something I can laugh at- though it is not right now.

I'm used to Jacob and I tag-team our Claire watching. The last couple had walked out and I was in the kitchen talking with our host as Claire ran away. About five minutes later as I gathered all of our bags and went back to get Claire I realized she wasn't in the back bedroom.. or the bathroom... or the closet.

She was nowhere.

Everyone else began to look saying she just had to be.

Someone said, "Unless she slipped out when Krystal left..."

We all looked at one another in disbelief as the house was way way way too quiet.

All at once I threw my bags down and sprinted out into the cold dark night with my friend right behind me. We both started calling and running down the street.

I was thinking, I'll see her behind a bush. I mean, she HAS to be here.... Right?....

My friend's husband came out with a flashlight and my voice began to rise.

I found myself standing in their yard in disbelief... calling for her..  and not being able to believe the silence that was answering back. I began to scream her name out in a blood curdling scream that brought neighbors out of their houses.

Nothing.

I looked back to the house and through the door I could see my friend's little son who is the same age as Claire and he looked horrified, scared by my scream and not knowing why his mommy and daddy were running outside.

We ran back into the house- looking back in empty closets. Back in empty rooms.

Finally I went into their room which has a child safety handle on it (and Claire can't open doors) and of course had been the one room we hadn't gone in because it had been closed all night.

Of course.

And there she was. As peaceful as a button looking shocked that I had come for her.

This.. my child who will gladly close a door in a stranger's house, in a dark room she's never been in, and will happily play for ten minutes in the pitch dark.

In hindsight- why in the world would I go outside when we didn't check one room in the house? But for almost three hours it had been shut and I was reminded that she couldn't be in there because it was shut. So it made sense in the heat of the moment.

Some day- we will laugh. Tonight, my throat hurts from screaming and I held her extra long while I put her to bed and prayed an extra long prayer over her.

So 24 weeks, potty training and frazzled.... This is me.
I made myself smile because the one without looked like I was a prisoner!
How far along? 24 weeks  (Baby's the length of a cantaloupe or about 12 inches from head to heel).

Total weight gain: 8 lbs. The previous three pounds seem to have disappeared. Hello yo-yo.

Maternity clothes? Oh yes.

Stretch marks? I'm beginning to fear...

Sleep: Good!

Miss Anything? Having Claire sit in my lap comfortably as we cuddle and read books.

Movement:  Little girl is moving around quite a bit now.

Food cravings:  Not really. Just still needing meat/eggs in the morning.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Greasy/acidic foods.

Gender: It's a girl.
 
Labor Signs: No.

Symptoms: Heartburn/sour stomach after greasy meals.

Belly Button in or out? Officially a little outtie. Definitely sooner than with Claire!

Wedding rings on or off? On and a little loose. But as we actually had some hot days this week (80's) my hands became swollen a time or two while walking. Eek.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and relaxed.

Highlight of the week: Potty training Claire. It's one of my goals before little sister comes.

Looking forward to: Getting her room set up.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I think it's impressive you're even able to talk about your super-scary moment so soon after it happened. I've had one super-scary moment with each kid (I once slammed two-year-old Will's fingers in the car door, for example), and it's taken me years to be able to really be able to mention it to people...

Mark & Jennie said...

You're still my hero!!! Glad all turned out fine in the end - you're beautiful!! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...