February 13, 2013

21 Weeks

I have to tell you, when there is a sick toddler (or a sick anyone!) in the house it is hard to get much done. Thankfully my mother-in-law has come to the rescue!

Just the same, I simply couldn't be bothered with trying to get a better picture. This is me post exercise and post yard work. It's real!

Today I could officially start singing, "Woah! We're halfway there!" Modern medicine indicates that this is the middle of my pregnancy since I can't go past 42 weeks. But will I go 42 weeks? It's likely!


Here we go:

 How far along? 21 weeks  (Baby's the length of a carrot or about 10 1/2 inches from head to heel). She's likely grown a half an inch in the past week. Simply amazing!

Total weight gain: 8 lbs and climbing! The Chocolate Eclair Dessert I made for some moms this past week didn't help me out at all- nor did a trip to World Market where I simply couldn't leave Kinder chocolates or Tim Tams unharmed... My sweet tooth is kicking in along with my monster appetite! Though honestly I don't want to give the wrong impression.  I really am trying to be healthy and eat in moderation.

*note: I lost about 8 pounds in the first trimester and now am back at that starting weight. Sadly, the gain still counts.


 Maternity clothes? All the way baby. Honestly, I have to unbutton one of my low ride maternity jeans when I sit down now...

Stretch marks? No.

Sleep: Weird dreams... but no baby dreams yet.

Miss Anything? Normal clothes, coffee, letting C lean back into me (comfortably) as I read her books, laying on my back (I miss this horribly!)

Movement:  Little thumps and bumps.

Food cravings: chocolate, salad. Not together.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Just heat this week and not eating regularly enough.

Gender: 95% girl but we should know "for sure", or as sure as technology can be, come next week.

Labor Signs: No.

Symptoms: My hip still aches something crazy on the left side, and the last few days I actually feel like my belly is getting in the way. I went to close a door and was standing too close to it and grazed my belly. Oops!

Also, doing some stretching exercises that were easy even last week my belly started getting just a little in the way as I reach to touch my toes etc. And dry, dry hands. Hello dinosaur mommy!

Belly Button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On and still falling off when I get cold

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and relaxed.

Looking forward to: Getting a crib and getting a good report next week at the doctor!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...