January 12, 2013

16 Weeks

I've been pretty pensive lately. It was at exactly this stage in our pregnancy with Claire (almost EXACTLY two years ago), that I ended up in emergency surgery.

It's surreal really.

And more and more and more I am thankful that I am pain free and that I can get up and down and exercise and go for walks.

I am so so so thankful to the Lord for so many blessings.

A friend kept up with her pregnancies on her blog and I thought it was a great idea. I'm a bit late to the game but already I'm wondering when I had to take off my wedding ring with Claire. When did I start to swell? etc.

So I think keeping record will be fun (at least for me!). I have been putting it off because morning sickness has been so bad and I was waiting til I "got ready" for a nice picture. Well, forget that.

I'm not very detail oriented or organized so I will work with what I have.

Here is a picture of me at exactly 16 weeks with my friend Amanda. This is my just woke-up, unbrushed look. Classy.
Full disclosure: I will replace this in the unlikely event I take a better picture in the next two days. Most unlikely... :)

How far along? 16 weeks
Total weight gain: Hard to say... Either 0 lbs,  lost 2 lbs or up five. Confusing? Yeah.. for me too.
(When I weighed when I knew I was pregnant it was one of those crazy "high days", and before that day it was a surprising low... Really, at this moment, I am exactly the same as my average weight before getting pregnant... Add that to your confusing pipe before you smoke it.)
Maternity clothes? Some pants.  I have definitely "popped" earlier than I did with Claire...
Stretch marks? No... But thinking of that, I should go invest in bio-oil...
Sleep: Sleeping well! I am at this glorious stage where I don't have to go to the bathroom at night and where I can still sleep on my back some.
Best moment this week:  Getting to see friends.
Miss Anything? Lattes and sleeping on my back all night long without feeling guilty about it.
Movement: Not yet (though I thought I did a few weeks ago). Last night I dreamt I felt little baby rolling around!
Food cravings:Beef, salads, anything citrus, and loads and loads of herbal tea.  I have to eat eggs and meat for breakfast or I get sick. Farewell easy breakfast oatmeal or cereal... Hello skillet!
Anything making you queasy or sick: anything touching my neck, hot air, thinking about what made me sick a few weeks ago, not eating as soon as I get up.
Gender: Hopefully we find out soon! I think girl, Jacob thinks boy. We'll be happy either way.
Labor Signs: No way! But booking our doula already!
Symptoms:Morning sickness, getting hot easily, occasional headaches... Really feeling great right now!
Belly Button in or out?  In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy right now. I love second trimester. :)
Looking forward to: Getting the baby's room ready and finding out gender

2 comments:

The Teacher said...

Congrats to you and your family! So happy everything is going well right now, I'll be keeping you guys in my prayers.

The Kowals said...

hello dear!

Yes our tots and tummies made the blog! It makes me happy even though the "baby carriers", you and I(literally carriers of babies in all senses of the word :)are in our o-da-natural state. "Sorry men... we are taken!" You have inspired me to update my blog on our bebe. I feel bad this poor guy is not getting much lime-light. Miss you stinkers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...