December 21, 2012

Silence

First off, I'm sorry for my silence.

I have been curious about it too but I think at last some meaning has risen to the top of this mess of thoughts.

Since I last posted, politics have raged in our country. Kind people spit words, and anger seems the abounding feeling. Not reason. Not kindness or humility.  I try not to get too political (especially here) anywhere other than a reasonable conversation with someone else willing to discuss and consider together. As friends. As brothers and sisters in Christ first and foremost.

The political atmosphere here has left me stunned and deeply discouraged. It makes me feel deeply alone.

And then there were the small issues of me starting some side jobs, freelance writing and Jacob taking on a new job.

And then, this unspeakable tragedy in Connecticut. Children gunned down in their school. Teachers and educators killed trying to do their job.

And my sadness for these parents and families runs very very deep.

And what added even more to that sadness is that people would dare to use this as an immediate political soap box. "That's horrible! If they would let everyone carry more guns...." "Oh how sad! Now the president is going to take our guns away..." etc.

For me, personally, this is repulsive. Regardless of what side of politics or the gun debate you rest on. I will keep my opinions to myself, for now. But not my opinion on the need to love unconditionally and to see things first and foremost as a child of God, as an ambassador for Christ- not as a Democrat, Republican or an American.

Simply as a follower of Jesus.

Who Himself was radical. Who taught us things like turning the other cheek, walking the extra mile and giving our coat to those who steal from us.

He was radical.

Sometimes, I think people forget.

2 comments:

Jennifer Mykytiuk said...

Well said. Couldn't agree more. I've missed you friend!

Laura said...

So glad everything is relatively ok, I was afraid something had happened. Take care of yourselves! Laura

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...