October 10, 2012

Dream Panic

I'm a vivid dreamer. Like every night I have vivid dreams. When I was a child I was known to walk in my sleep. Now I may talk. Every now and then I reach over in a panic "looking for Claire" and pat Jacob down like a cop until I realize, "That's not my baby!" right around the same time he's completely awake, and then I lay back down and continue to doze peacefully. The next day it will hit me like a bolt that that dream was really vivid and... maybe I actually was patting him on the head or what have you.

Last night beat that though.
I had a dream that I was trying to pick Claire up off of the bed and she was huge. After some serious investigating today (meaning- I called Jacob) I realized that I indeed, DID try to pick him up last night while we slept. 
 As in, cradle him like a baby and lift him up... 
Then after realizing a.) "it" was too huge to lift and b.) "it" was not Claire and not in danger, I turned over and went back to sleep.... 
Bizarre!

1 comment:

Alexis said...

Hahahaha! That made my laugh out loud! I am convinced it doesn't matter what time of day... we are always thinking about our babies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...