September 18, 2012

Rocking Chair

Upturned on its arms
I watched Casper the friendly ghost
with a bowl of cereal balanced carefully on its back
I slurped and leaned
Other times I rocked
and we all etched, names and bottom imprints
signs of our living in it
my mom as a child and now my own child

What a great gift.



My sister brought by this old rocking chair we all used as kids. It's like C knew instantly it was her size and meant for her. I can't get her out of it. Literally.

And for the first time she's gotten in real trouble because apparently this chair just BEGS to be stood up in and she complies. Every. Time.

And Every. Time. I insist that she sit on her bottom. And she stands staring at me until I start walking over to her and then her bottom lip comes out... and I hug her...

In that little chair.

2 comments:

Jay and Amy said...

It's been a looooong time since I've been on blogs, and oh how I missed reading yours! Brought me to tears reading about your grandma.
We felt much the same when Jay's grandma died, the void was so big for the family.
I need to be reminded to come back more often. =)

The Teacher said...

I love this rocking chair and her big smile. I had to read your busy day about three times before my mind adjusted to all that was going on. I have found a church, originally it was the one that Matt Chandler is at, but now I'm moving to the new one that will actually be in my town. Hope all is well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...