July 25, 2012

Stephen Kamar Sponsorship




This is Stephen.



Stephen is a great student and has overcome great odds to complete secondary (high school) in Kaabong. He was voted as the one of two students from Kaabong to get a scholarship to pay for his entire tuition at Kampala International University.  But he doesn't have enough money to pay the 400,000 Ugandan shillings a term for housing and "other fees" (as stated by KIU).



He also just happens to be the oldest sons of one of our great storying center leaders out in the villages. He is Loyep's son.



He was kindly and respectfully asking for our help.



But we had none to give.



I promised to take his picture and share it with the other people on our team to see who else could help.  The 400,000 shillings that he needs per term is a little over $200. 



He needed it by the beginning of August. I made a promise. Looking at this picture I fear it's too late and that I broke that promise.



I feel awful....



I've never posted something like this on the blog and don't know if it's right or wrong.



But today I don't care.



I broke a promise and I'm going to throw this out there and see if I can make it right.



This was originally posted on August 13, 2010 but we are hoping to find Stephen sponsorship yet again.

5 comments:

kristinbednarz said...

Where can I send my money? To you? I can help. I want to help.

Jennifer Mykytiuk said...

Me too! Let me know where I can send money

Mike and Emily said...

Us too Georgia! Let us know what to do and how much is needed!

Jen Price said...

Praying he gets sponsorship! It seems everywhere I turn here in Uganda, people need school fees. And it's not even that much money. Praying he receives everything he needs.

The Reeds said...

Thanks Jen! Yes, school fees- are ever needed. It's amazing getting to be plugged in to certain Ugandan friends and seeing how sponsorship literally changes not only their lives but also that of their families'!


And thanks sooo much Kristin, Jennifer and Emily! We've contacted Stephen and told him and he's so incredibly grateful! I will write each of you individually to discuss specifics! Thank God for each of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...