May 10, 2012

Growing Up

It's rainy today. Perfect cuddles. Slow everything down. Keep the lights off and open all the windows kind of weather.

This independent girl finishes nursing and of her own accord slides her body down off of the couch. She cruises away from me from one couch- to a side table- to a baby table- to another couch and looks back and smiles.

She plays for a long time squealing, singing to herself and banging  puzzle pieces.

She's growing up  before my eyes.

More and more I look at her and see less and less baby.

And more little girl....

Where we were a year ago: my thoughts on being a mother to be  and little girl at 32 weeks.

2 comments:

Jennifer Mykytiuk said...

Oh my! She does look like a little girl in those pictures! It does go by too fast!

The Reeds said...

Madeline always seemed so much more grown up than Claire and now I see that Claire will be that big too soon! Argh!!!! Happy almost summer! More running posts please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...