April 2, 2012

Miscellany Monday: Five Ways I'm More Random Than You

Today I'm trying something different. Well.. being random is not different, but linking up to someone else's blog (for Miscellany Monday) in this way is most definitely new for me.

I am by nature very random. I get "where did that come from?" looks all the time. I find though that when my aim is to be random, well, I freeze up and feel--normal.

Strange eh?

So here are some normally random things that have been going on in our world.

1.  Crafty Pants.

That's me, Crafty Pants McCreatesalot.

 After almost 9 complete months of unemployment, or mom-ployment* as I like to call it, I finally pulled out my old crafty pants and dusted them off.

As a matter of fact, I got so excited about my crafty pants that I just took myself down to the ol' local market (a.k.a Walmart) and I went a little nuts throwing things into my cart like hot glue sticks, buttons, socks, stuffing and bobbins. It was random.  I had no direction other than where that wobbledy wheeled cart took me. Very random indeed.

See? Random normally comes quite naturally. Thankyouverymuch.

And after a few hours and burnt finger tips later- this is what I came up with...
A button "c" for baby.

What the other things in my basket will morph into is yet to be known (by you or me).

*I just made that up.

2.  Wipe That.  

I am trying my hand at cloth wipes. Though I'm halfhearted in this attempt. Cloth diapers I'm all for.. but washing off a poopy cloth wipe- I'm not thrilled with this prospect.  But I'm trying it anyway- to save the dolphins and the rainforests and all.

Save the earth (one poopy square cloth at a time)!

3. My Dia-purse.

(Diaper bag--> used as a purse= dia-purse. Obviously.)

The contents of my purse.  I am getting a lot of this "mommyness" down. But the whole diaper bag eludes me.

Sometimes I load up a diaper bag and throw my wallet in it and voila- dia-purse is created. Other times I throw all I need into my already confusing and messy purse and voila purse-bag is created.

Either way, here is what I normally tote around.. shoved into one tiny purse along with a spare outfit (for her) and a wet bag for cloth diapers.

 4. Plant-ilters.

(Plants--> used as filters for your home= Plant-ilters. Obviously!)

The other day I heard that for every 100 square feet of your home you should have a plant to help purify the air (thanks to Allen P. Smith's Garden Home and PBS for that one). If you heard it on PBS it must be true. Right?

Guys?

Hello...

So, all of you math nerds can enlighten your crafty pants friends on how many plants they should have in their hot glue gun infested homes.   

If a train leaves Chicago at 5pm going 75 miles per hour and I eat five hot dogs in the cafe compartment, how many green plants will I need to keep alive to clean the pollutants from  the air in a 1,000 square foot home?

 I see the face of standardized math tests changing as we speak...

Either way, I love plants (real plants) and especially love them in the home. Especially ones I can't kill (as easily). We're about seven plants short of meeting our quota for our square footage. I've had a plant in my home ever since I graduated college (and quite frankly can't imagine I could keep anything alive before that).

So on our Walmart-craftaganzamadness run the other day we hit up the garden section in search of low light, low water succulents and plants to help green up our home.

I lurve green plants.  And trains leaving Chicago.

And hotdogs in Chicago.

But mainly green plants.


This little darling is new to our Plant-ilters. I'm thinking she looks like a Matilda


Hello Matilda, welcome to my overly dark and dry home. I hope you survive the summer...


5.  Hi, My name is Matilda. And I am a Plant. (And I'm scared!)

I find that naming your plants makes you feel much worse about killing them. (Unless you're strange.)

Poor poor Matilda, she was once so young and vibrant.

This post has gotten steadily creepier as it has progressed and must therefore meet its end.

I bid you all adieu and hope your fingers are clean of poop and your air free of pollutants.

Creepily and Confusedly yours,


Miss greenlover-craftypants-dia-purse-user

5 comments:

Brandon and April said...

You've inspired me to track down some low-light plants for our place!! I think it'll help "homey" this place up...in the sense of making it feel more like home, not like gangsta rap-homey. anyway...
I think you'll like using cloth wipes!! :)

Anonymous said...

Love it. Thanks for the laugh. I should come up with a random post!
Stacy M

Jennifer Mykytiuk said...

hilarious! Thanks for the laughs!And... I would need 26 plants in my house! Yikes! I feel the air being sucked out of me as we speak! But I can barely keep cats and kid fed and watered, there is NO WAY I can care for 26 plants also!! I guess we will continue to our breathe-less existence.

Jennifer Mykytiuk said...

hilarious! Thanks for the laughs!And... I would need 26 plants in my house! Yikes! I feel the air being sucked out of me as we speak! But I can barely keep cats and kid fed and watered, there is NO WAY I can care for 26 plants also!! I guess we will continue to our breathe-less existence.

Laura said...

Hello!
I had 16 houseplants in my apartment before moving to Moz, pretty sure I overdid it but I loved them. Now I don't have one. I just this weekend told someone I need to get a couple! Love the rest of the randomness!
Laura

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...