March 11, 2012

Days With You

Dear Claire Bear,
Some day, if you are to look back and any of these posts mean anything to you, I would want you to know this:

These days with you... you getting excited and flapping your arms when daddy is coming through the door... you smiling with all of your heart when I come to get you up from your nap.. your soft and warm little head.. your sweet little hands...

These days with you, have been some of the happiest of my life.


Sometimes I look at you or even simply think of you and I'm astounded by this crazy love. It's not reasonable or measurable. It's crazy, out of control and massive. You bring me joy and make me smile and laugh in ways I never usually do.

You make me happy.

And some day, when you're trying to find your place in the world, and making sense of your life and where you fit into it all- I want you to look back and know how much joy you brought into the world simply by being you.


Unique, different, special, smiling and joyous you.

As you get older people will make you feel like you're not that special and that there are thousands of people (mainly in L.A.) who are prettier, more talented and smarter than you. You will begin to doubt your own uniqueness and worth.

But let me assure you precious girl, you have given me new hope in how wonderfully and fearfully made we each are. I see that no other baby is quite like you and you are not like any other baby.

You are observant, expressive, social and vibrant. You are completely present and completely passionate. You are wonderfully and fearfully made. You are the most wonderful and lovable YOU that there has ever been.

I love you. A crazy love that has made me happier than I ever could have been.

I crazy love unique and wonderful you.

Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

Jen said...

She's going to love this post when she looks back when she's older! Love the photos of her smiling!

The Reeds said...

Thanks Jen. She's so wonderful!

Jay and Amy said...

*sniff*sniff*
Love it!

Alexis said...

Amen!!! To every. single. bit of that post.

She will certainly cherish that when she is a mom. The overwhelming love for a child is completely impossible to explain, but the absolute best feeling in the world.

As always, she is a doll!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...