February 1, 2012

February Days, Sun and Rocks: Photo Essay of Sorts

Today was a day where the sun said, "Season, I don't want it to be winter today."

And so it wasn't.

It was sun-shiny glorious beautimousness instead.

And I ate up every drop.

I got to spend the morning with my two nephews. I have two nephews- did you know that? And they are two of the sweetest little gumdrops in the whole world. With hearts sweet like honey and as kind as they can be.

We went for a walk while the sun and the season were still talking out who would take over the day.

We picked up rocks, threw rocks and hopped on rocks. That's what boys do. And aunts if they know what's good for them.

And in a semi-arid desert like area there is always an abundance of rocks... even in the place of grass.

We did the normal Wednesday things- Bible study, church small group, and when daddy got home Claire gave him one little smile and we were out the door to lap up all of that gorgeous sun that we could.

Jacob helped me to find gorgeous photos for my 365 project... That's what this amazing husband does.

And Claire kept practicing her fake cry and fake cough- which are especially hard to believe when she's doing them with this smile on her face...

Cough! Cough!

Yep.. it was a gorgeous, sun shiny-wanna-go-on-a-walk kind of day.

"Because your love is better than life,
   my lips will glorify you." -Psalm 63:3

3 comments:

The Miersma Family! said...

oh that little face in that last picture! precious! reminds me of days when it was just me and kate going on walks!!! oh i miss those days!

The Reeds said...

I have actually often wondered how difficult it must be with more than one to even get out for walks. I should really cherish this time shouldn't I?


We should meet for a 9pm Starbucks run sans bambinos one night. Would you be in?

The Miersma Family! said...

well, it does and can happen with more kids but i was mostly reminiscing about the walks i used to take kate on around southern's beautiful campus…pushing one baby around in a stroller is such a peaceful activity! as long as they're not screaming! ha!

and i would be in for a late night starbuck's run! is there one between us? i think thursdays are best...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...