January 26, 2012

When Daddy is Away- The Girls Will Play- A Photo Essay of Sorts

Thursday really snuck up on me this week.

Jacob went out of town for a conference so we were left to fend for ourselves.

Single parenting is hard. I have total respect for those of you who have to do this. It was quite the challenge for me because I rely on Jacob so much.



Watching the wonder woman work in the kitchen.
Cold winter walks.
And we missed him a lot! However, the magic of technology made the miles seem less.
Video Chatting makes the days go faster.
We just passed the time til he returned...
Rolling non stop in one direction.
Finally found the thumb...
This week Claire has started a sort of "kiss" system where she rubs her open mouth on your cheek. Awesome. And she seems genuinely happy when people give her kisses. All of that kissing is paying off now!

And at last Jacob returned to find a little girl that seemed bigger, more playful and more of a little ham every day.
Thrilled to have daddy BACK home!

Let the kisses begin...
Carefully returning the favor.

Shopping for Aunt B's big shower.

6 comments:

The Kowals said...

Yaa J is back! The pictures of their "reunion" is adorable! I love the kisses. Kisses and then when she adds in hugs... you two will be goners! What am I talking about we've all been goners since these sweet babies arrived on the scene of our lives. love the post G

Jen said...

Baby kisses are the best!

The Reeds said...

Thanks A! And this baby love?? I am hooked!!

Alexis said...

Ummmm so melt my heart on the last 4 photos! Those are absolutely precious. You should frame that series of pics for him for father's day.

I constantly tell my single friends how many props I give them because I do not see how they do it. I too rely heavily on John for his help and advice with Crewe.

The Reeds said...

I know Alexis- we are very blessed!

The Miersma Family! said...

pretty much just echo what everyone else wrote from being single to the reunion! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...