January 5, 2012

Slugs, walks and books- Oh My!

Today is my grandfather's birthday. To celebrate, Claire insisted on not napping for more than ten minutes at a time. I'm sure he's touched by this gesture. I know I am.

I am still excited about doing the 365 project and as such am taking a lot of pictures. Like a kajillion. Which if you didn't know is A LOT.

I'm resizing them so they're smaller and hopefully won't take forever for your computers to load. If they do.. I'm sorry... Still doing it.. but sorry.

To start with we were little bums. Well, she was a little bum, I was a much bigger bum.
 We bummed around, which if you think about it is a funny saying.



 Blurry overexposed self portrait of mommy and Claire.. but a self portrait none the less.

We went for our walk with friends again (because remember the big bum comment?) and I took some random pictures.

Playgrounds seem way cooler than when I was a kid. I can't wait until she's big enough to make me playing on it look normal.. you know.. like I'm "helping" her or "playing" with her. Parental excuses and all.

Then we came home for some hard core play time. Tummy time for Claire is like P90X for me. Hard. Drool on the mat and grunt hard. Our little wonder bug is starting to scoot.

I was airing out her diaper rash and as such she was a naked little wonder bug and left a little slobbery trail as she scooted backwards. Just like a garden slug. My precious little slug.

Doesn't she look tired in this picture? All of that no napping is hard work...

I was all but giddy when I saw that the mail had come and that I got these darlings!!
 So how many of you have decided to do the James Bible study with me??? Don't be shy... but do be generous... What?

I don't even know....

Time for me to read!

To celebrate Claire and I read some of her books.




This has to be one of the most beautiful books I've ever read. Read it. I just know you'll love it too.


And lastly, check out the cool gifts I got from the girls in my accountability group (called a "Fight Club" but I promise, no violence here!)
 This menu planner came just in the nick of time. I was about to starve to death. It will look even better once I get a black marker to write on it with.



 And that tops off my new ornaments for this year.. a record in the ornament department!

And I leave you with a picture I thought was just too cute not to share...

Deep thoughts.. by Claire Grace.
So sweet... The end!

3 comments:

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Deep thoughts.. by Claire Grace. That is *too* funny! What an adorable photo and a perfect caption! lol

Alexis said...

The last picture is my absolute favorite!!! She is so, so, so cute! And agreed they are way more cuddly out than in!

The Reeds said...

Thanks Jennifer. She is a hoot! And Alexis, isn't it a great thing God made them so adorable! Because sometimes they are so much work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...