December 1, 2011

Silent Reader Plea & Blog Blunders: A Good Dose of Randomness

It's time to clean house y'all. And not because it's the holidays or because company is coming over.

I mean a different kind of house.

But first, randomness:

Not Claire...

Possibly offensive to some... but funny. (and how our little Claire rocks and rolls.)

True.. but unrelated to this post...


True.. yet not Claire again.
 Unrelated again...
 Not appropriate yet again... (but funny)
and.. random:

These are the sort of things that I think are funny.

Twisted? Perhaps. But funny.

I don't blog them as I find them because:
a.) they may be offensive
b.) you may not think they're funny
c.) what in the world do they have to do with missions or seeking the Lord? Answer: Nothing.
d.) they would look really really strange in a baby album...

Let me explain-

I've been toying with the idea of a blog just about family (which this basically has become) where I only focus on Claire.  Like... starting a "Little Reed" blog all its own, and not posting ALL ABOUT OUR BABY here.

The idea is that I could then print that blog as a baby book. As it stands now, when I blog about fitness, or life etc. I feel strange thinking of what I would have to weed out for her baby book.

But when I only blog about Claire I feel guilty because most people started reading this blog (of the few of you that do) because we were overseas/doing missions.

So I wonder about the purpose? I love keeping records and would do this even if Jacob and I (you're not off the hook wonderful husband!) were the only two to read it.

But when other people read... well... I feel an obligation to try and keep writing about what they are interested in.

Which is hard when you aren't sure why they're reading....

or... who they are...

Any thoughts?

Please? I'm on my cyber-knees begging.

Silent readers now is the day to say SOMETHING. 

Not leaving comments is like coming to a party and not saying hi! <--- Blatant attempt to guilt you into commenting. It's so easy! Just clicky clicky clicky and typy typy typy. You know you wanna...

21 comments:

Ronnie said...

Hey there! I LOVE reading your blog because not only is it real, you don't hold back on the good the bad and the ugly, of parenthood, life, etc. BUT intertwined in it is a missional outlook on life. Being in ministry as well - I don't see how you can seperate your normal everyday life from that of missions/ministry. I often find myself intermixing ministry and family on my own blog! By the way - the random pictures you posted were HILARIOUS!!! Love them!

lfhcreative said...

Keep it the way it is. Life is not neatly categorized and right now you are just in a sweet baby love stage with all the other life stuff mixed in. 2 blogs is one too many to keep up with.

Anonymous said...

I'm still here. I like reading all your posts!
Stacy M

Mike and Emily said...

I love your blog and everything you talk about. It's your life that's interesting and that includes Claire and thoughts about Africa and your grocery store list...so keep it just the way it is. That's why I like it! By the way...I think your random pictures are so good. Especially the breastfeeding ones!

Anonymous said...

Hint taken, properly guilted.....I found you through Emily Smith's blog, we worked together when she lived in Texas. I don't blog myself and never even read a blog before Emily sent me her link to oogle over baby pictures and they have soooo become my guilty pleasure when I don't feel like working! Love yours and have purchased from Hearts on a Wrist based on your link. Keep it up; I don't feel like working today!

Lynn Kjar
Temple, TX

Sam Griffin said...

uhhh. hi.

Christi said...

I say keep it the way it is. And that picture of Claire and her bib? I love it!!!

Spiky said...

hilarious pics..the baby rocks...

Jen said...

I totally think you should write about what you want to, what you're passionate about, and that will draw your readers. I love seeing how much you love Claire!

Eden said...

I don't think I can handle another blog - LEAVE IT ALONE......

ohappydaisy said...

I say keep it as one and just write what you want. Random is IN. Even those of us who want to read the other stuff like to indulge in Claire cuteness as well. After Lucy was born, it took me months before I blogged about anything other than her.

Amanda said...

George! Man here. On the post material: possibly offensive..? yes. But, indeed hilarious..? heck yes! Life is funny -- I smell what you're steppin' in -- blog about it. Concerning Clair bear, she somewhat aka completely consumes your life and that is pretty normal. We no longer work so poop, smiles, and small victories are our life right now. So, don't feel guilty. It is, i know this is shocking, your blog after all (smile). Blog on Reed!

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate what you post. You have a new subscriber now.

Robin said...

I'd say leave it the way it is. Writing about what YOU'RE passionate about is what draws readers in. So just write for you! Also, I think as Claire grows up and starts moving around a lot, two blogs might be overwhelming.

Anonymous said...

Hello...

Holly said...

I just found your blog today, but I say don't feel bad about including every area of your life here! That's what makes a blog so interesting...life isn't one dimensional so why should your blog be? :)

The Reeds said...

Thanks so much for commenting!! It gives me a good idea. I know it's my blog but oddly feel selfish writing about whatever I want! Thanks again! You're all awesome!!! :)

Alexis said...

Love reading about you sweet babe and your parenting experiences particularly breastfeeding. my little one is over a year and still nursing. Nice to find like minding momma's out there!

Laura said...

So you haven't turned off comments yet? I am just getting caught up on my blogs after two months of US travel and not reading them! And I rarely comment, unlike how great you are at commenting on mine, because I always read in Google Reader due to bandwidth limitations here - I wish we could comment from Reader!!! Keep up the good work - you may have one of the most gorgeous babies I have ever seen (a photo of!). Have fun!

The Miersma Family! said...

i say keep it the way it is!

i realize you may want to transition all the claire stuff to a book someday but maybe you could just keep posting everything here for your readers, but start a blog that no ones knows about where you can sort through your old posts and repost them on the new claire bear one. and then any future posts you write about claire you continue to post them here on reed up and also copy and paste from here over to the new claire bear blog for baby book purposes. ???

The Reeds said...

That is actually an awesome idea Jennifer! Boy.. you're on a roll with the great ideas and wisdom tonight! It must be the pregnant glow. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...