November 14, 2011

Off to Grandma's House We Go

This past weekend we packed up our little car and headed north to Grandma's house.

When I was a little girl there was a red suitcase that said, "To Grandma's House We Go". I always wanted it, but my grandma's lived only a few minutes away so suitcases seemed silly.

But little Claire's grandmas live a few hours in different directions and there was still one great grandma she had yet to meet.

So off we went!

I think I attempted to keep Claire a little too entertained!

But she was still happy! She's such a good little traveler and likes to smile at herself in the mirror.


And before we knew it we got to Great Grandma's house!

 Claire is such a blessed little girl that she has two great grandmas living and one great grandpa.

Claire and her Great Grandma hit it off immediately!
Claire suddenly started crossing her little fingers!


Doesn't Claire look like such a big girl?! She's growing so quickly.

And then we were off again to Grandma and Paw Paw's house. Claire got lots of lovin'...
 Looking in the mirror with Grandma...
 And into each others' eyes...

And a bath in a sink...
 Where she tried to grab the cup and drink!
 Thirsty little girl?! She's never even really had a bottle and here she wants to drink from a cup (we didn't give her any). Atta girl!

And she started standing on her little long feet!

It was a great weekend for a sweet little girl.

6 comments:

Jennifer Mykytiuk said...

Oh Georgia! She is a doll! Adorable! Look how big she is! I can't believe how tall she has gotten (although with Jacob as her dad, why am I surprised.) In the picture where Grandma is holding her, her legs are hanging off- she's took big to fit in your arms completely now! Can you believe how fast it happens?! Glad you had a good weekend! I love reading all about her- makes me remember Madeline when she was that small.

The Reeds said...

Oh Jennifer I know! I'm so sad that she's already so long! she barely fits in my arms.. how did that happen? She's still a baby!! I mean.. 4 months is definitely still a baby.. I wish they stayed small longer.. too soon she'll be walking and then going to school and then getting married.. :( I miss her already!!

Brandon and April said...

ohh!!!! *sigh*....where does the time go?!?! Can't believe she's already so big!!! And seriously, does she EVER cry?! She's always soooo smiley in every picture! Truly, she's gorgeous! I know you guys are proud!

The Reeds said...

April it's true- she does smile so much more now (which is SOOOO wonderful!). Hitting month 3 was wonderful. We still have some rough patches and she is NOT a fan of sleeping and sleeps as light as a feather (noise makers haven't made her sleep any deeper...). But she is wonderful!

Christi said...

She is adorable! It goes by so fast--soon she will be walking on those long legs :)

The Reeds said...

Christi, That's what I'm afraid of!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...