October 26, 2011

A New Journey

The journey of a million miles begins with one step right? I know the saying is something like that.

I'm beginning on this healthy lifestyle journey (again).

I had thrown my back out a few months before we got pregnant and had quit running. Then the surgery thing set me back. Blah blah blah. Excuses, excuses, excuses. We've all got them right?

So I'm starting again and man is it hard!

But I'm doing it. Slowly and carefully.

This time next week I will weigh one pound less. And then repeat.
My goals:
- lose one pound a week
- continue nursing
- get in shape!
- run 5k in December
- run 10k in May

Method:
- make healthy choices
- choose water and fruit over sodas and desserts
- cut out dairy and eggs (and nuts) :( (possible allergies for Claire)
- count calories, aiming for 1800- 2400 a day (sparkpeople.com)
- get plenty of calories, calcium, protein and nutrients each day
- Jog 3x a week- Couch potato to 5k (do a fun "race" in December after week 9 of couch potato)
- do 30 Day Shred and Pilates (rotate)
- treat myself to non food things when I hit milestones (facial, new shirt etc.)
- have accountability! (running buddy, accountability group for weight loss, family)
- join Pack On The Miles - POTM

1 comment:

ohappydaisy said...

Yea! Listing goals for all to see can be fear-inducing. Way to go! You sound really motivated. Just one thing . . . when you're running, make sure you put on your diaper backwards. You never know when you might run into a forest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...