September 6, 2011

I'm yours...

Daughter of mine,
The laundry is piled high and the house hasn't been cleaned in a week. The "I meant to's" are overtaking the "I dids" and my "to do's" grow by the minute.

But you are here with me. You sigh. You blink. You grow. You wiggle. You complain. You look at me and break into the most breathtaking smile I have ever seen. Ever.

And I am smitten. Forever yours.

Is it possible that even one year ago my body was my own? My day, mine to do with as I pleased? But now I am an after thought for myself. Your existence has created a paradigm shift of great proportions.

You... are my greatest accomplishment. Even my education was half-hearted at times. My degree, something I can use but not something I love. My profession is something I can stick with, or leave and come back to.

But you? You have my ultimate devotion. I will not leave you only to swing back later.

You have my waking moments.

As you nap in your carseat, covered in a light blanket, I tip toe in again and again and lift up the edge to stare at you. To look at your sweet upturned nose and your precious lips. Your little fists are now held up at your sides like you just won a boxing match.

And you have. You can stand victorious over my heart. It's yours. From now until.. until.. until...

I'm yours...

p.s. Is it possible that any other being has ever been this devoted to me? Every thought of you swings me back to the Lord- and the awe inspiring thought that I am a child of God...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...