July 3, 2011

Bizzare Baby Dreams

Hi friends!

Well I am well into my 39th week. I'm trying to be very patient. Did you know that only 10% of babies are born on their due dates? And that about 40% are born AFTER their due dates (in the two weeks that follow)?

I came two weeks late. Jacob came two weeks late. As did his sister, my sister, you get the picture. And as I'm REALLY hoping to go into labor on my own and avoid induction- I think it's a fair assumption that we have a late baker over here!

My symptoms have really been fluctuating. Week 36, like clockwork, my hips began to ache... BADLY. But after about a week and a half that crazy pain levelled off (Praise the Lord!). When week 38 hit- I began to swell up like a little Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon and IMMEDIATELY began having trouble sleeping, and waking up all night. I was logging in 2-4 hours of sleep a night. It was awful!!

Now, the insomnia has gone away (though I still don't sleep as much as I did before). I LIVE in the bathroom now, and the swelling has gone down. Right before I hit 39 weeks heartburn hit... even if I only drank water.. burning searing heart burn. Funnily enough, that too has gone away!

My friend Ginger Ivey took maternity pics of us and I'm waiting anxiously to be able to show you! Hopefully before Baby Girl comes.. Which could be in 3 weeks still!

Now on to the point of this post! I had always heard about crazy pregnancy dreams.. I haven't had loads. I had one or two QUITE bizarre ones at the beginning, then I think towards the end of the second trimester (when I was feeling GREAT)- I had THIS dream:

I had already had the baby and didn't want anyone to know. I was alone in a room with the baby cooing and cuddling it and trying to stay as quiet as I could so no one would come and want to hold it. I wanted ALL of the cuddle time to myself!! Then Jacob came home and I felt overwhelmed with guilt that I hadn't told him yet.. So I went in and showed him our precious, perfect, beautiful baby.. Only the baby wasn't quite what we had expected. 1. the baby was Ethiopian. And as you guys all know- we are WHITE- as in as bright as the sun white...  and 2. the baby had hair... glossy, gorgeous, black, 12 inch sticking straight out (and curling on the ends) hair coming from... are you ready??? Its BUTT CRACK! There was a huge peacock spray of hair that was just luxurious. 

(This was from last July when I got to hold baby Joja- who was named after me... Maybe this is where my dream sprang from! Though for the record- baby Joja had a normal hiney!)
So when I went to show Jacob his baby I had to lay the baby on its tummy because obviously the hair was too intense to have me put the baby backside down! And Jacob just cooed and oohed and aahed over him too! We were in looovve!

And I remember I wasn't concerned that the baby wasn't the same race as us, or that the baby had a magnificent mane of hair out of ts bottom... no, I was JUST Concerned that I couldn't put a diaper on the baby and that poo would get all balled up in the hair.

And THAT my friends is my bizarre baby dream!

Have you ever had a bizarre baby dream?? You can no comment anonymously and without verification so you can share your crazy dreams with us and we won't judge you!!

Come on you quiet stalkers, share your crazy dreams!

5 comments:

Brandon and April said...

oh! just wait until baby comes and the crazy dreams you'll have about her after she's here!! Things like...waking up mid-dream while you're frantically digging underneath the bed because you SWEAR that's where she is and she's crying because you can't reach her!! or like maniacally shoving your husband out of bed because you swear he's sleeping ON TOP of her.
Yes, my friend. When these dreams occur, we want to hear about them too! :)

Christi said...

I had a dream that the baby was born, but nobody told us whether it was a girl or boy. When we asked the doctor, he said, "Oh, you have to pick what you want." Then, he pointed to a table with a big blue shot and a big pink shot. He said, "You just pick what you want and inject it. Nobody told you that's how babies come these days?"

I had this dream over and over again while I was pregnant. So weird!

The Reeds said...

Oh my word those dreams are so funny! I dreamt last night that she had little black hair all on the back of her head and that I was nursing her.. then she turned into our dog... :( Weird!! I don't even know what to think about that!

Jennifer Mykytiuk said...

I can't remember my dreams but I did have some weird ones. Tha was not something I knew about and was a surprise to me. And.. they didn't stop when I delivered! They continued for a while til my hormones cooled. Isn't that weird that hormones can cause crazy dreams??

Jennifer Mykytiuk said...

I can't remember my dreams but I did have some weird ones. Tha was not something I knew about and was a surprise to me. And.. they didn't stop when I delivered! They continued for a while til my hormones cooled. Isn't that weird that hormones can cause crazy dreams??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...