April 20, 2011

Wordless Wednesdays

In which I am characteristically not wordless at all.

Taciturn Tuesdays? Sullen Saturdays? Funky Fridays? Moody Mondays? I could really run with this idea though. :)

As my days at my current high school are ticking to a close, I'm taking the time to stop and look around...

To realize that I will never have a "space" exactly like this one.

Taking the time to realize what makes it special (to me)...

And what I will miss (or not... long hours etc.)

The memories it holds...

("Willies" Award Ceremony at the end of a Shakespeare unit are always fun... complete with speeches and applause. I found this stash in my desk.)
And one of the most valuable lessons I've learned as a teacher: Give Choices.

People like to have choices and goals. I know I do. I have this little reminder on my desk for when I forget.

 Isn't that how life is?

With good things and with bad, my grandmother's wisdom comes back to me, "This too shall pass."

So remember to stop and enjoy the little things.

What you love and enjoy won't last forever.. so cherish them.

Because, This too shall pass...

Cling to them and the good memories...Focus on whatever is pure, noble and right...

and realize that even in the midst of the bad...

This too shall pass.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Maybe you should run with some of those ideas! :) Thanks for the reminder to cherish the NOW!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...