April 7, 2011

Hope for the Unlovable


Do you ever feel abandoned and unlovable?

Like all of those that you've invested in and counted on have forgotten about you?


Quiet nights stretch on.

Ordinary days that move slowly...

"Why, my soul, are you downcast?
   Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
   for I will yet praise him,
   my Savior and my God."  - Psalm 42:11



Phones that don't ring.

At our core we are unlovable...but unspeakable joy that we have a savior who hears our cries.

Answers when we call out.

Man will let us down...

But God will not.

"I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits,
   and in his word I put my hope." -Psalm 130:5




 


Without Him, hopelessness prevails.


Not even in our own power, but through Him, we have hope.











"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."  Romans 15:13

Know that you are loved,

2 comments:

nursecat said...

Georgia,I have a friend who just lost her mom and is feeling very alone right now. I think she would be encouraged by your pictures and your post. Can I share it with her? Shoot me an email if thats ok. Hope you are doing well.

The Reeds said...

Of course Cathy. I e-mailed you back about this, but just wanted to make sure you knew from here to that that would be wonderful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...