March 10, 2011

Room 213

We're only days away from spring break.

The excitement is palpable in the air.

Today, here are some things I've heard in my room:

Scenario 1

Upon entrance.. Shock. "Daaa--aaanng.. You're like so big! You grew overnight."
Murmurs of agreement from the class.

Sweet.

Scenario 2


At end of day: "Miss, you look good today."
Me: "Why thank you!"
Her: "You look good in color."
Me: "Thank you...."
Her: "You should really wear color more often..."
Me: "Thanks...(I think)"
Her: "You had on all one color the other day and it didn't look good."
Me: "Oh. Thanks for your input. I'll take that to heart!"
Her: "Really Miss.. You didn't look good. You looked all sad."
Me: "Maybe I WAS all sad!"
Her, laughing: "I'm just saying you didn't look good! You looked SAD!"
Me, laughing-ish: "Maybe I had been crying all day!"
Her: "I'm just saying you didn't look good and you should wear more color."
Me: Goes and sits down.

Scenario 3

Random students gathered at door before bell (as I was corralling them back to their seats).

RS= Random Student

RS 1: I just saw your baby kick!
Me  (doubting this but humoring them I look down in mock drama): I want to see it too!
RS 1, 2 and 3 now staring at stomach
RS 1: I just saw it again!! It's kicking there!
Crowd grows.
RS 4, pointing dangerously close to belly button: I see your belly button!
RS 5: You're such a tiny big pregnant person.
Me: Really??!! (genuinely thrilled and looking at my tiny huge self)
RS 6 seems to suddenly appear at my left side: You're scarred for life.
Me, still revelling in tiny huge self.
RS 1-6: nod and giggle in agreement.
Me, finally registering comment: What do you mean scarred for life?? Like my body will never be the same again???

RS 1-9 (crowd growing as I'm losing the battle to win control of the door) all nod in knowing agreement at what I'm obviously too stupid to grasp..


3 comments:

Jackson4 said...

Oh, you never fail to crack me up with your classroom stories. I love it!!

Jennifer Mykytiuk said...

Aren't teenagers SO nice to tell you what they think? No filter in their brains... Gotta love it. Enjoy your Spring break for me! I still have 5 weeks til mine! How will I survive! And you are not scarred and you are cute with your tiny huge self!

At least it's teenagers making comments to you. When I was pregnant the custodian- a grown adult mind you- would be the one to sya, "Wow, you're really getting big!" That's what I want to hear!!!

Jay and Amy said...

To make you feel better, I have a very trendy, knows how to do fashion kind of friend, and she told me going monocromatic is good for anyone and is very flattering.
So I say, keep it simple and don't listen to them. I bet you looked gorgeous that day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...