March 6, 2011

Faithfulness and wisdom in the womb: Amazing Thought

As you know, the psalms of David are my favorite.

Today's was no different, and it introduced an amazing thought.


"Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love...

Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb;

you taught me wisdom in that secret place."
~Psalm 51:1a, 5-6

We pray for baby Reed. Talk to baby Reed. We even try to read Bible stories to baby Reed. We often consider that God is knitting together this baby even now. That this baby is known even now.

But that God can be teaching our baby wisdom and forming her heart even now? That God desires faithfulness even while she is in the womb?

Wow.

What an amazing thought...

1 comment:

Merissa said...

I just got caught up on your blog and oh my goodness. First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! I am so very happy for the Reed family! And secondly, THANK YOU LORD for taking care of Georgia and baby Reed! Friend, I will be praying for the rest of your pregnancy to be wonderful and healthy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...