January 9, 2011

A case for hope

Hope. Sometimes it seems elusive.


King David of Israel was a man who confidently claimed his hope in the Lord while also bemoaning his often times downtrodden state.


"The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble..."
-Psalm 9:9

I'm so often encouraged by his story and his words.

After all, fear is not evidence of faith.

And without faith it is impossible to please God.




"Those who know your name trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you."
-Psalm 9:10

Sometimes, when viewing my heart through the lens of the world, I let hoplessness slip by as mere melancholy. When I think of the oppressed and hurting...


But it's not mere melancholy.  Our faith lends us hope through the knowledge that there is a God who is mindful of us.

He cares.

He knows.

And this gives us wings to soar above whatever dismal things the world brings our way.

"But God will never forget the needy; the hope of the afflicted will never perish."
-Psalm 9:18

May this day find you with a renewed hope and wings to soar on,

5 comments:

Jay and Amy said...

Ahhhh! Thanks, I need this so much right now! And I'm so sorry to hear about your dog in Africa. I know that must be terribly painful for you and I pray God brings you and those who loved him, great comfort!

Jay and Amy said...

Oh congratulations on the baby!!!!!! That is so exciting. I am 15 weeks, so we'll be having babies about the same time. I pray you have felt good and will continue to feel good throughout the pregnancy, and that you have an easy and fast birth that ends with a beautiful healthy baby!

nursecat said...

thanks for the words of encouragement

Jackson4 said...

I guess I should keep up with blogging better, cuz I'm missing all the news firsthand!! But congratulations and I'm so super excited for you guys. Y'all are going to be great parents!

The Reeds said...

Thanks Jill!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...