November 3, 2010

Perspectives on Life and Mission

As I've mentioned, I'm taking Perspectives.

This is a course on the World Christian Movement. You can audit the course, take it for a certificate, undergraduate credit or graduate credit. I'm taking it for the latter.

Every Monday night we have a great speaker from all over the United States. And every week we have reading. A lot of reading... but good reading!

Most people say that Perspectives totally rocked their world etc. It is wonderful no doubt, but for me it reiterates my heart. It's not all new information, but it is incredibly encouraging and challenging none the less. I am incredibly glad to own this Reader and I plan to continue reading it throughout the years and revisiting a number of the articles. I'm also very hopeful of the strategic value in learning of past missionaries and their endeavors.

I showed you our Reader (course book) here. Today I wanted to share some of the most inspirational articles I've read thus far.

Beyond Duty by Tim Dearborn (Reader pp.70-73)

Prayer:  Rebelling Against the Status Quo by David Wells (Reader pp.159-162) Online.

Apostolic Passion by Floyd Mcclung (Reader pp. 204- 208) Online.

Europe's Moravians: A Pioneer Missionary Church by Collin A. Grant (Reader pp. 291- 293)

Women in Mission by Marguerite Kraft and Meg Crossman (Reader pp. 294-298) Online.

The Glory of the Impossible by Samuel Zwemer  (Reader pp. 329-334) Online.

The Bridges of God by Donald A. McGavran (Reader pp. 335-346) Online.

Old Ways for a New Day by David Ruiz (Reader p. 376)

If you get the chance to read these, I pray that they bless you as much as they have me.

Peace,

2 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Awesome, thanks Georgia! I love good reading recommendations--especially ones like these!

The Reeds said...

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. They're really encouraging and inspiring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...