November 24, 2010

Happy Almost Thanksgiving!

I have been one very bad blogger. Life has been very busy. This Perspectives on Global Christianity course has been really time consuming. I've been taking it for graduate credit and (mainly) for my own benefit. The speakers are great, but I have benefited the most from the readings. I have read every single reading. They guesstimate how long it will take you and I always take double as long, annotating, answering questions and thinking of how all of the things apply to our life and possible ministry. I have to set aside about six to seven hours on Saturday. :(

I've even been "ranking" each reading with a star system!

All that to say, the fall is especially stressful anyway. But this year, my Saturdays have been taken up by this course work, and Mondays from 6-9 I'm hearing the speakers. It's made me exhausted!

Also, our school has started a new system (basically a curriculum in our books) and it has made me feel like a first year teacher again which has been NO FUN and has been time consuming. Double sad face.

But now it's Thanksgiving break!! I'm so happy... no... STINKING OVERJOYED at having a few days off.

Already today I got to sleep in 30 minutes, got my oil changed, rock chip repaired, teeth cleaned, Christmas shopped a little, did laundry, washed dishes, cooked a ham, washed and cleaned the car, and am about to wash the dogs.

Those are days I can feel good about.

As we come upon our third Thanksgiving here in the states I would like to take a moment to reflect on what I'm thankful for.

1. Salvation and hope.
2. health
3. a job
4. a husband who brings me cereal in bed if I ask
5. a husband who brings me pizza on really bad days and watches Castle with me
6. a husband who is patient, kind and loving (and proofreads these posts!) ;)
7. dogs that make my stress go down
8. kids who are kind in class
9. a car
10. a home
11. food
12. great friends!!

Blessings to you this Thanksgiving.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...