October 14, 2010

Confession


Confession:

Sometimes I go to the bakery at a local grocery store. It's always in the back of my mind but never planned, and before I know it my car is veering off the road, cutting people off all for the sake of a decorated thumbprint cookie.

Here's the kicker, as I order and stand to pay for a shameful amount of thumbprint cookies and perhaps even gratuitously funfettied cupcakes, I muttered things like, "They're going to looove these" as my eyes go all shifty.

But I ain't sharin'.

And that's the truth.

6 comments:

Kerri said...

I love this! :) I have so done this myself

ashley said...

I am addicted to thumbprint cookies myself and have a difficult time saying no after I order one and the person behind the counter tells me they are 3 for .99 cents. I can't argue with the logic

The Reeds said...

They go for that cheap? Why don't they give me cheap deals?? Probably because they know I'm the lady who'll pay full price...They know me too well all over town at those bakeries!

Merissa said...

I got a visual image of you just standing there saying, "their gonna love these"---tee hee! You make me laugh!

Jennifer Mykytiuk said...

You introduced me to thumbprint cookies in college and I've been addicted ever since!

The Reeds said...

How funny Jennifer! I had no idea! My legacy lives on. :)

And yes Merissa, I think I was all shifty and creepy to the cashier. What a sight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...