August 15, 2010

IN MY JEANS!!!

Today was a very unusual day in our household.

First, a friend invited our dogs to a local "doggie park attraction". There is no dog park in this area, but some people are trying to start one. So people occasionally all meet up at parks with their dogs.

So when my friend invited me, I thought it would be great. I took Fuzz, and showed up at the park in my jeans. That's when I realized this was no ordinary get together...

This was a doggie day at a LOCAL POOL. On the last day of summer, this pool is open to dogs. Dogs on slides, dogs on lounge chairs, dogs... doggie paddling. Dogs everywhere with adorable tanned owners in teeny tiny bikinis yelling "Over here Puppito!"  And there was me and my 8 inch tall dog at a pool- IN MY JEANS.

So I jumped in the pool IN MY JEANS, as poor Little Fuzz doggie paddled frantically certain his life was at stake.

We had fun. We even got photographed and will appear in the local paper. We're celbrities like that... IN MY JEANS.

So we get out and dry off and I notice that the place kind of reeks... It stinks there like fish... Gross.

We head to the car, say our goodbyes- and I notice that the parking lot smells like fish. Gross.

This park needs some repairs or maintenance. STAT.

I get in my car and it smells like fish. GROSS. This smelly park has infected my car. Odoriforous!

I pull up to the house and IT smells like fish. Great. I guess J is cooking fish and I can't escape this smell. Maybe I have a highly trained sense of smell? Because everywhere REEKS today.

I go to get changed because I'm dripping wet, we have company and our house reeks like a smelly park with dead fish in it. While in the closet I realize it really smells like fish IN OUR CLOSET.

Sick.

That's when I noticed....

The thing that was in my pocket of MY JEANS and is now a bright orange stain...


I had a vitamin in my pocket that whole time I was lounging in the city pool IN MY JEANS like a freak.... The whole time I doggy paddled with a little dwarf dog between perfectly tanned and tattooed 15 year olds... Not just any vitamin, but a FISH OIL vitamin which has now congealed and turned some freakishly bright orange and yellow color.

Then I realized the world didn't stink after all...

JUST ME!

6 comments:

Jen said...

That is TOO FUNNY! Stinky, but funny! :)

The Reeds said...

Thanks. I hope my jeans don't have to be thrown out!

Kerri said...

Only you Georgia! :) Very comical on this Monday morning. I hope you can get the smell & stain from your jeans.

Merissa said...

That's funny! I sent you another invite to my blog...maybe that will help! :)

Brandon and April said...

you're hilarious. jeans and all!

Christi said...

That is such a funny story! I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...