August 23, 2010

Diary of an English Teacher: 1

Notes from the Trenches in 100 words or less

Dear First Day of School, Is it possible that you make me more nervous than a fifteen year old? Today I tried to motivate and empower. Mainly I bored. One student wrote on Six Things I Should Know About You Information sheet that “You are my favorite class because you’re dorky”. I caught myself at one point saying, “What I’m about to say is dorky, SO hop on the dork train cuz we’re taking it to the end of the year!” I think someone blinked. Only two students fell asleep. I nearly cheered.

Day one- Success.

4 comments:

Brandon and April said...

Can I audit one of your classes?! Just because I think I'd shed so many calories from laughing so hard! FUN!

The Reeds said...

At least it's hopeful to think that! Why can't I shed calories laughing?? :(

Merissa said...

I was just thinking of my school teacher friends (you included) the other day and praying it's a good year for all of them. Being a parent and watching how teachers have profoundly impacted my child's life makes me pray even harder for them and also makes me so very appreciative! Have a great year "dork girl"! :)

The Reeds said...

Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...