June 16, 2010

You stand still...

Today I went to a training time at school in which I mainly giggled like a school girl with our amazing English department. I think I snorted. We shared embarrassing school photos with big thick glasses and awful haircuts and mismatched clothes. It's amazing that the alarm in the morning going off with nowhere to go leaves me skipping to the kitchen for a mug of coffee. The alarm with a school destination left me clomping to the bathroom.

The road to school felt long today.

Yesterday in Exodus I read a verse that struck me between the eyes. As the Israelites stood at the shore of the Red Sea with the Egyptians closing in on them, the Lord said, something along the lines of, I will fight for you, you just stand still.

To abide and stand still is often the hardest thing to do.

Ultimately God is fighting for us, as we are resting in Him.

Trying to rest,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm... Me too!! Trying to rest and trust in Him to fight!!

Anonymous said...

Guess who the person who just wrote that is? Hint: I live with a dog that has cheese breath, but is very sweet. :-)

The Reeds said...

Ha!! Give your cheese breath baby a hug!!

Jakob Swartz said...

I love that photo of Jacob! Well done!

The Reeds said...

Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...