March 29, 2010

Manic Monday

Happy Monday!
I had a volleyball coach who made us run bleachers on a Monday, and stood at the bottom of the bleachers and sang, "Just another Manic Monday!!!" at the top of his lungs.

Isn't it funny the random things people do that you remember?

I wonder what stories my students will have to say about me... Sometimes it's better not to think about it!

This is a short week which I sometimes find makes for a longer week. Life can be funny that way.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm thrilled when spring peaks its beautiful head up out of the earth. I am realizing that I need a lot more of this...



Quiet time..


(my school computer that I blog from was reimaged and all of my photos were zapped.. so I'm using stock photos today. Sorry!)(Source.)

And time in the Word.

(Source.)
My soul yearns for it. Misses it...

With that in mind, I'm thinking of making an "unplugged" night where I commit to no "electronics" for the day (outside of work). So no tv or blogging when I get home. AND no phone.

Do you have a night/day set aside like that? Or some time you always set aside to be alone/quiet before the Lord?

2 comments:

Jenifer said...

Wyatt sleeps through the night now...bless him. He wakes up at 6:30 am and eats and then back to sleep until around 10 am. I was going back to sleep for a while, but I decided last week to stay up. It's beautiful! I have a couple of hours all alone in a quite house. I have to time work on my bible study, blog, start laundry and just sit and be quiet. So lovely!

Jen said...

I don't necessarily have a set time when I do that, but especially in this season, I'm trying to work it into my week. Today I went out by myself for 7 hours to sit, read, and just be, and it was bliss!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...