October 4, 2009

Running Poem

When I actually force myself out the door, to pound the pavement and let my thoughts run free, I always feel like the old "Connect Four" game. I feel like my thoughts are little tokens shaking down to land where they may.

Here's a little "Running Poem" that came to mind the other day during a run. I began to repeat it over and over (odd much?) while I ran. It was oddly comforting.
Running Poem.

Connect Four. Connect the Dots.

Drop.
    Drop.
        Drop.

Go my thoughts.

1 comment:

Jennifer Mykytiuk said...

That is not odd at all. I'm impressed you were able to create a poem while running, but I will chant a mantra while I run too. Usually mine is something like "don't stop. don't stop." instead of drop.drop.drop.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...