October 31, 2009

Please Pray

We are deeply burdened for our friend Jakob and are asking you to please pray for him.
He was in a car accident this weekend in Northern Afghanistan. He is described as critical but stable, with a punctured lung, broken ribs/sternum, and will hopefully be moved to Denmark. 
A friend posted this on facebook: "He was having great difficulty in breathing so doctors have induced an anaesthetised coma and put him on an artificial respirator so that the pressure of air into the lungs can be regulated and the lung and chest area can begin the healing process. At this moment we are told he will not be moved for the next 4-5 days but....... at a point to be decided within the next week..... he will be medevacced to Denmark via Germany."

Please lift him up with us...

2 comments:

Mike and Emily said...

yes yes, certainly!

Jakob Swartz said...

Georgia,
I am finally well enough to catch up on blogs, and found this post. Thank you so much for your prayers!
I broke my spine, ribs, arm and pnctured a lung in the crash in Afghanistan. I spent three painful days in a very basic clinic in the mountains before I could be helicoptered out first to a German military hospital and a few days later to Denmark.
I am convinced that it is the answer to prayer that I am alive at all, and it is a miracle that I seemingly will have no long term damage. I am out of hospital, and will spend the next 2-3 months recupetating at home.
Again, I am thankful for all your prayers, and to God who answered them, healing me and most of all giving me a deep sense of peace and love during the ordeal.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...