October 17, 2009

A book a day...

Hello all! Happy weekend.

If any of you enjoyed the movie Julie and Julia then you will probably relate with my odd fascination with this topic. 

I saw on a friend's site that there is a woman, Nina Sankovitch, who committed to read 365 books in 365 days. Can you imagine?! And she has managed it. My hat's off to you Nina! I can't decide if I'm jealous, inspired, or tired for you.

 I get "book burnout" if I read too much too quickly. Apparently not this woman!
You can follow Nina's process at www.readallday.org.  

I can't help but ask myself.. If I were to quit my day job and challenge myself to do something every day for 365 days to blog about- what would it be?

How about:
1. Walk across America.. (and perhaps grow a beard Forrest Gump style? Not likely...)
2. Write a book 365 pages long. (I wouldn't even want to read it!)
3. Taste every ice cream flavor known to man.. or home-make 365 different flavors (Now there's a project I can get behind.. emphasis on the large behind.)

What are silly or real ideas you have?

2 comments:

Robin said...

I LOVE reading, but I don't think I could handle that. I get absorbed in a book for awhile and stop doing all laundry, cooking and cleaning. I can't imagine what it would be like if I did that for a whole year.

Your ice cream idea sounds good though!

Mike and Emily said...

What a neat post! If I could do something every day for a year hmmmm:
1) I like the walk across america idea!
2) Hike every day on a new trail in america or around the world (ambitious??? yes!) You didn't say these had to really be feasible right?
3) I also like the ice cream idea...hmm, I think we have a lot in common.
4) Explore hidden places and hole-in-the-wall stores, restaurants, outside "beauties" like waterfalls, rocks, etc. I think it would be neat to experience all this through all the seasons.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...