October 1, 2009

One million dollars..

If you knew that you would win one million dollars next month- how would you live the next five years of your life differently?

This thought has brought about some surprising realizations for me.

For one: I would want to keep teaching. Shocking isn't it?
I think I have committed to teaching, and specifically to the students at this school. It's an investment I wouldn't want to throw away.

With that realization in mind- wouldn't it change the way you are at work, your attitude, if you knew you weren't there for the money but rather because it's what you want to do? That you choose to do?

Also, what if you knew you only had five years left with the ones you love? How would that change how you live?

My lists had many common themes, the main one being: spend less energy on school and quit caring about paying off a house. But instead- Enjoy life! Enjoy the ones I love thoroughly.

That says a lot. 

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Adopt a kid and buy a bit nicer house. And buy books whenever I want to instead of just here and there.

Jackson4 said...

Interestingly enough, I was just thinking this same question the other day...what if we won the lottery or happened into a ton of money, how would our lives change? I surprised myself when I realized we probably wouldn't change that much...maybe upgrade cars, pay off our house, and DEFINATELY hire someone to clean my house every once in a while (I know, I know, I'm a stay at home mom, why should I have a cleaning lady?). BUT--it's good and funny to hear that you also ponder such thoughts! Love ya. Sorry you missed the race, ours was pretty good, I definately need to get faster though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...