February 23, 2009

Sometimes

I miss nights with friends.

Sometimes memories are like a cozy, warm pashmina you pull out and snuggle up with...

I have a little news... I think I'm finally going to get a camera... We had a miscommunication. I didn't want Jacob to feel like I was selfish wanting a camera now though I've been wanting it since April or May. He didn't want me to feel pressured into getting one. Tonight on a little stroll it somehow all came out and he said, "Get one!!! I was waiting on you!" And I, of course, have been waiting on him!!!! Ahhhh!

Daisy has been going in and out of her doggie door. She's in doggie heaven. But we don't leave it open during the day. So doggie heaven has hours of operation.

Here's a Kaabong memory that looks all warm and cozy and includes so many loved people now scattered like seeds...

video

This is the Schmidt's living room, which became the Pearce's living room, which became the Witte's living room, which was ours and is now Terrill and Amber's!

It was such a refuge for us. A place to come at the end of each day and feel safe and to weather the storm. What a beautiful blessing and a refuge. Marriage should be a refuge from all life throws at us. Marriage mirrors God's love for us, which, if we let it, is the greatest refuge of all. Just a thought.

2 comments:

Kerre said...

What a simple, lovely , warm room...

Jennie said...

Thank You, Thank you, Thank you for posting that!!! I'm going to steal it...what a beautiful memory of our last night in Kaabong together. (and of the last sane night with David, I believe!) :) So many memories...miss you much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...