February 26, 2009

It's National Blog month and Thank God for mothers and small towns!

So I read somewhere that it's some kind of a National Blog month? Maybe not, but it's fitting that I'm trying to blog every day this month! Pat on the back... Pat pat pat.

Okay, today...

I got a camera! Hip, hip, HOORAY!

AND, the price was on a "limited time mark down" at Tar-Zhay. Upon closer inspection it was a misprint for a Nikon (I got a Canon)- but I still got the lower price. Hip, hip, HOORAY!

Right now I'm waiting for the battery to charge and then I will be off to the races! (I'll quit "hipping" now..)

We had some pretty big news today. J's mom called and said we had a $7,500 check come through to the bank in Canadian... That we obviously didn't write. First, thank you Lodema!!! Thank God for good moms! The bank noticed the strange check. Thank God for small towns! They notified Lodema and together they noticed that it was of course a forgery and that it came from.... wait for it... Nairobi!

AWA.. Africa Wins Again.. BUT NOT THIS TIME! HA! ALTU! Africa Loses To Us! (That doesn't seem so fun to say considering so many things... oh well.... Maybe just NOT A.W.A. will suffice).

They stopped the check.

Our only guess is the forex we used in Kampala and one other place where we would write checks.

Again, thank God for moms and small towns! HIP, HIP, HOORAY!

1 comment:

Lew and Brandi Johnson said...

good grief! did you ever write a check in Nairobi? at ABC Plaza Forex. so glad it got caught!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...