August 29, 2008

School

I'm still here and we're still kicking.

Sorry to be gone for so long.

I started school last week. 4 classes of Senior English, 2 of Sophomores, and one of journalism... I got pretty wound up before schook, got stressed etc. But once I was in the classroom I found my direction.

I love students. They're what it's all about. Forget the curriculum (within reason of course) and just bask in the awesome opportunity to share what you know and love with someone. The hope that you can ignite a fire of learning, a desire to know more and introduce them to more of this world we live in.. I love teaching. A lot. And these kids are awesome.

I went to my first pep-rally in years. I had forgotten, honestly, that we did that here in the States. It took me back to my own high school days.

So this is just a catch up post, but I'll be better, because we got internet at home today!

I won't tell you specific stories of students but I'll keep you generally updated of my progress. I miss Kaabong a lot, and Prague too all intermingled together. I miss our friends in Kaabong horribly. I try not to think of them during the day too much or talk about them too much or I will cry for them- and that's not good in the classroom.

But I just thought I would stop by and let you know we're still kicking. And that my first week was awesome- because God's blessed me with the great priviledge to teach some awesome kids. Thank you Lord!

5 comments:

Jennifer Mykytiuk said...

I'm so glad! I've been thinking about you lately!

Jennie said...

good to hear from you!!! Missing you a lot, but thankful to hear that you're teaching & loving it - wish I could be in your class! :) love to you & Jacobo.

Brandon and April said...

yay! for an update! glad you are enjoying your job! :)

Merissa said...

Good to hear from you again! Yay, for great teachers and great students! I love teaching too and miss it tons- maybe again someday!

suethegran said...

Glad you are back teaching. Continuing to pray for ya'll as you continue the transition stateside. Been there :-) God will sustain!
Love ya Lynn and Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...